Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Challenge!!!

So here's what happened..........

The weather was amazing today and after a fun breakfast with friends I decided that my 2 year old son Caleb and I needed to burn some calories. The best calorie burner with a 2 year old boy, the park. I started heading home so we could walk to the park by our apartment, its convenient and it works. Then I thought lets do something new, so I grab my phone and what do I discover? That there is a park not far from where we had breakfast and I had never heard of it......LET'S GO!!!! 

We had a great time (see next blog for details) and it got me thinking.....how many other parks have I, a Bendite since 1986, never been too?

While my little guy took a nap I grabbed the Google-machine, went out on the line and what do I find.......Bend Parks & Recreation lists 70 parks in our town....70!!!!! How exciting right! 70 new experiences for my little adventurer (ok for mom, dad and our dog Buster too).  

Even more exciting, by sheer coincidence the park we went to today IS THE FIRST PARK ON THE LIST. 

Now my small family is not financially able to take many vacations and truthfully its sort of a bummer. So as a mom I try to find fun ways to have mini adventures. After seeing the list it was a no brainer. 

An adventure for Caleb......A great outdoors moment (or more) for Dad.........An opportunity for me to bust out some informational blogs.....Makes for a challenge the whole family can enjoy! 

And that my friends is how the challenge was born!

70 parks

17 months

1 family

And the journey begins NOW!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment